December 23, 2017
The following is a great vegan brownie recipe by Molly Buszard ( follow her at @mollybhealthy ).
At age 19, Molly suffered from coeliac and RA but was able to keep her health issues under control through exercising, living with a positive mindset, and by following a strict diet free from gluten and dairy. Now at age 21, she lifts weights, writes as a food blogger, and runs a healthy snack company.
INGREDIENTS:2oz or 60g Smooth Almond Butter (Swap for tahini if allergic to nuts!)1.8oz or 50g Coconut Sugar (Brown Sugar works too!)2.9oz or 80g Maple Syrup1.8oz or 50g Coconut Oil 0.5oz or 15g Flax (2 Tbsp)6 Tbsp Water2oz or 60g Raw Cacao Powder2oz or 60g GF Flour1.4oz or 40g Chocolate Chips (Optional)1/2 Tsp Salt
CARAMEL SAUCE:1.0oz or 30g of Hey Boo Coconut Caramel ADD: 1/2 Tbsp Pink Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, add the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt and coconut oil (melted). Whisk together on high to create a 'caramel.' Put to one side.
2. In a separate bowl add the flax and the water to make the flax seed eggs, leave to set for around 5-10 minutes.
3. Pour the flax egg into the 'caramel' mixture slowly.
4. Next add slowly add the cacao powder in. Followed by the rice flour.
5. Combine so everything is mixed together.
6. You can add in nuts or chocolate chips at this point. Fold them through the mixture with a spatula.
7. Pour your mixture into a square cake tin (8x8 I used) lined with baking parchment or coconut oil.
8. Pop your brownie mixture into the oven for around 20 minutes if you like them gooey, or a little longer if not.
9. Leave to cool then cut into 16 squares.
10. Pour Hey Boo coconut caramel sauce (with the added Salt) over brownies.
11. Store in an air-tight container.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 22, 2017
Are you one of those people who think that caramel sauce is only good on ice cream?
Well the truth is, caramel sauce is so versatile and shows up in more places than we sometimes give it credit for. Today, we will remind you of its different uses...
Discounts, recipes, and more!
Sign up for updates